Monday, January 24, 2011

Can't Not Watch, Part 2

The Wrestler is a couple of years old, and I remember hearing all the hype about it when it was in theaters. Part of the excitement was the fact that it starred Mickey Rourke, who used to be good looking. I've seen pictures, I would have to agree.
I finally saw it and I was just stunned. What a great movie.


The scene that really clarifies just how miserable this guy was, would have to be when the main character Ram is staggering home to his little old rented trailer house on a cold night after a wrestling match and he finds his doors padlocked. Landlord wanted his money.
But it gets more miserable, like when he has to take a part time job at the deli counter in the grocery store. As he makes his way thru the back room of the store to get to the deli, he imagines the roar of a crowd waiting for him to appear in the ring for a big wrestling match. Saaaaad.....