Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Love Affair With My Kindle

My Kindle is with me just as much as my cell phone, because I never know what my schedule will bring. Sometimes with my job I'm busy--and at other times I'm sitting there for HOURS with nothing to do. A long time ago I had the ability to be bored and be happy at the same time, but now I seem to have a mind that is constantly in need of stimulation. And, no, t.v. doesn't count. That's mind numbing, not stimulating...


So I do a pretty good job of making sure I always have a couple of books to read on my Kindle. I do so thru Amazon, they have a pretty good assortment of novels and bios. The Kindle is capable of storing 3,500 books. It also has WiFi, so if I'm in an area where there's a signal I can log onto Facebook or Yahoo and check messages. Or I can log onto Amazon and find a new book. Also, if I am busy with my hands or on a road trip I can activate the little feature that will read the book to me.

I don't know how many books I've read since I got the Kindle a little more than a month ago, but it's at least 6. The price is usually less than $9.00 for a book, and once you select the book on Amazon it is sent to your Kindle wirelessly in less than 60 seconds. I'm amazed at how long this device can stay charged! I have run the battery down only once, and it takes about an hour or so to get a full charge. What is even nicer, the charger for the Kindle matches my cell phone. That's almost unheard of these days.

So there you have it, my commercial for an item that doesn't need advertising...