Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bikers Are Just Not That Tough...

We participate every year in the Toys For Tots run. It is a 45 mile ride on the highway with a million other bikers, and each brings a toy to donate.
I put on my pink chaps, Steve actually puts on his long sleeves as well as his black leather chaps (yeeehaaa!!!) and we ride with the Yuppie Bikers. But we noticed this year there were more REAL bikers in the crowd. Bikers who have been on CNN and local news for their shenanigans.....
Like beatings. And shootings.
Real bike clubs that may or may not do things that are, shall we say, a little on the "alternative" side of life in order to make a living and support their motorcycle club? Kind of like those guys on Steve's favorite Soap Opera, The Sons of Anarchy on the Fox Channel.

Except these guys don't have a trailer on the back lot of Fox to do their make up and have some down time to play Nintendo and Wii.

So I was a bit intimidated. Okay not really. Who's wearing pink chaps to the biker rally? Me. Not taking ANY of this as seriously as the others. Thankfully nobody cared.

Steve found someone who was apparently very precious to him, enough to ask for a photo with him. I think he's a gun-runner. What do you think?



Leather, chains, Santa hats. Maybe in their memo they mispelled it to say Satan hats? I dunno. But there was plenty....



Nothin says toys, tots, Santa, and Christmas like a custom hog with a pitch fork for a rear seat....



Steve, (in chaps!!) Rick, and Robin checking out What's His Name's project bike.



All in all, the run brought in a trailer-load full of toys and I'm sure that made a nice dent in the need for toys in our area. I'm more concerned with the Food Bank (currently feeding 1,600 families in Lake Havasu) so next week I'll be conducting my own Food Drive. I think people should eat. And wear chaps.