Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Christmas Capital of the World

Okay, maybe we're not the Christmas Capital of the World, but certainly the Southwest. The Capital (as in Washington D.C.) got their Christmas tree from Arizona, and it stopped in Lake Havasu a couple of weeks ago. I was working, so I couldn't spare the time to go downtown and stand near it for a photo.

But we have the favorite of Travel Channel, the Parade of Lights, under the London Bridge. People spend months decorating their boats with lights to participate. I don't think I've missed ONE of the parades. If I did, I don't remember.

The following are some very shoddy photos of Parade of Lights entries. They're shoddy because I couldn't use my flash. Therefore, I couldn't get the new cheeepy camera from Walgreens to focus....

OOOH, a really big 2 story boat covered in blurry lights....ooohhhhh!!!



And a big S for, uh, "Satisfactory...."



A few smaller parade entries as they float under the London Bridge.
Did I mention that it's THE London Bridge?



Don't know what this is, but there's a lot of lights.



This blurry one was my favorite. It was a local Diving Club that had a Santa on the front of the boat wearing a dive mask, and animated blue dolphins jumping in and out of the water. Blue Dolphins!!