Friday, February 19, 2010

Juicy Gossip

I guess you could consider this gossip. But I have nothing to hide. So I'll spill.

My brother began dating a high school friend of mine back in the 90's. They bought a house together, had a baby girl, split up a couple of years later. She moved in with her new boyfriend, they have been together ever since. My niece, their daughter, lived mostly with her mom. My brother remained in their house for many years, and when he decided to move to Tennessee three years ago he rented the house to his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend. Yeah, I know, lots of words but I suppose they'd appreciate me keeping their names off the blog....

None of us knew about all the strife over there. They kept to themselves. They never let me see my niece. We just assumed they wanted to be left alone.
But apparently there were problems.
Right before Christmas, he (the ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend) threatened to kill himself. And then he actually followed through.

She moved out, but left a large amount of belongings behind. My niece made the decision that she'd rather go live in Tennessee with her dad. Rightfully so. She wanted out of the chaos. My brother decided to just sell the house. He flew out this week to do paperwork and empty the house. He had no idea that the place was so full.
We decided to put it all in a garage sale. Today was the only day we could do it, because he and his daughter are flying out to Tennessee tomorrow. We busted our butts, made several hundred dollars, and I got to spend a little time with my niece. And so did Shay!!!!



By the way, Shay is the younger one. She was born about 9 months before him.

Yes, we did the garage sale just a few feet from where "Whatshisname" killed himself. It was cleaned up, but there was a little evidence of what happened. We've explained everything to the kids, they are aware, and of course they were curious and wanted to know details. We tactfully gave them enough information and of course talked about the stupidity of it all. And since Shay and I are great big fans of the Ghosthunters........

To Be Continued....