Tuesday, September 2, 2008

And I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

It occurred to me that I wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for some very wonderful people. And one who isn't so wonderful but apparently they're fond of me.

Steve has been such a great supporter of mine, whether it's for a fundraiser or a campaign. He's is truly the most amazing person I've ever met, and I know I couldn't be here without his support. He knows I love him, I don't have to broadcast it all the time but I do. And there's a lot of people I've met this week who have heard me sing the praises of Steve! I wish he could be here with me, he'd enjoy this stuff.

There are members of the Lake Havasu Republican Women who have been great inspiration and who have been wonderful mentors. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here. I'm sure if I started naming them I'd forget one or two and then I'd be in trouble. But you know what, Noreen Thomas got me involved with the Club and I'm grateful for that.

And if Buster Johnson got along with more people, he would probably have picked someone else rather than me to accompany him to this convention. Luckily, I'm on his good side right now. Of course I'm kidding around but I do feel I need to thank him for letting me tag along and attend this historic event.