Thursday, September 4, 2008

Uh Oh

I saw on the news that the protesters were once again forming a mob on the bridge down the street. It's less than a block away, their goal is usually to keep delegates from getting into the convention center. Information like that is disseminated to the different delegations and their response is to require the delegates to be in their seats inside the convention center much earlier than planned. It keeps them safe, and guarantees they'll be able to attend.
Buster found out this afternoon that he needed to be in the Convention Center by 5:15, so I opted to stay in the room with a blanket on. I'll assume that position for a while, until I absolutely have to go get in line to get in the Convention Center.

After I saw the protesters on the bridge on tv, I looked outside and sure enough there were vans full of SWAT members heading that way. They were riding with their doors propped open so they could hop out at a moment's notice.
I'm sure we'll be safe, when I do decide to go get into the Convention Center, but I regret that my bodyguard won't be available because it's a luxury I've had all week. Whenever I am walking somewhere with Buster nobody even THINKS of screwing with me. But as soon as I'm alone I've got a protester or demonstrator of some kind getting in my face. Hey, peace and love man, back off.

Tonight should prove to be just as exciting as last night, with McCain's appearance. We're all McCain worshippers and it's fun to see how pumped up everyone gets. I don't think I'd ever aspire to be a politician at a federal level, because of the amount of uncomfortable attention that they get. I'm more interested in something state level. I really do feel I could help straighten out the state of the state. That's several years away, I know I need a lot more experience and support before I go and do something that ambitious.

I suppose I will get some rest before I make the huge committment to the Convention Center journey. Wish me luck.