Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not NOW!

I haven't been sick in ages, but today I woke up with a sore throat. As the day progressed I found myself feeling worse and worse. So now I'm taking it easy to let my body try and fight off whatever it is.

Our day began with a delegate meeting on a real paddleboat. We were bused out to a place called Stillwater, Minnesota, and we boarded the boat there.
Our brunch included entertainment from a band playing good old New Orleans style music, and as always the food was lovely. I spent some time getting to know the band.

We sat with John Munger, who has big political plans for the State of Arizona. Everyone will see soon what he's got under his hat.


After the brunch meeting we were bused into Minneapolis to take part in a big volunteer effort; we stuffed care packages for hurricane victims in the gulf coast states. The big sponsor was Target stores, they donated the materials such as deodorant, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, and hand sanitizer. We assembled the bags in a somewhat orderly fashion and then they were crated up into Fed Ex trucks.


Channel 3 News from Phoenix had given Buster an HD camera to capture some of the day's activities, so he looked like a member of the press today. He videoed us working at the hurricane relief project.

We were then bused back into St. Paul where there was an unusually high amount of activity downtown. Turns out there were protesters and the police had to respond in huge numbers to ensure everyone's safety. Yesterday afternoon after we'd gone into the convention center there were some delegates who were attacked out on the sidewalk as they made their way over to the convention. The protesters (I guess you could call them idiots, or vandals really) threw bleach and pursued the delegates.


So the protesters today were the Pink Army, and they were doing their usual to get attention. I stayed away, I didn't feel like getting bleached or tear-gassed.
And I needed to lie down in bed for a while!

I'm still feeling oogy, I think I will walk down to Walgreens and see what they've got to offer. After that I've got to get into the convention center because it's going to be a very exciting program tonight.